Updated September 2020
We are currently open to our Reception and Year 1 class following the latest government guidelines. If you have any questions or queries regarding this, please contact us by emailing email@example.com or by telephoning 01603 57 88 66.
Thank you for your support.
Corona Virus Information
We realise that this is a difficult and worrying time for many families. We also appreciate that self isolation may cause difficulties to families with their work and other responsibilities. However, please be aware that we are following advice from the Government and HPE England and any child who has a cough or temperature will be sent home and be expected to be in self isolation along with their family for 14 days. It is vital for the health of all of our community that we all follow this advice, so please if you are asked to collect a child, respect that we are following advice from health and Government professionals and be polite and respectful to the staff who pass on that message and are working under tremendous pressure to ensure the health and well being of everyone in our wider community and schools.
Please note that we continue to follow advice from the Department for Education and Public Health England and receive daily email updates. The safety of our children, families and staff is extremely important to us but unless we have a direct instruction to close, the school will remain open as usual. We would inform you as always via text and email if this instruction was given.
In the meantime, please follow advice yourselves on the NHS websites and other websites, such as Norfolk County Council. Please ensure your child is able to wash their hands effectively, this is something we are talking to them about in school also. Please do refer to the information and websites below for more information.
Coronavirus - what you need to know!
- Click here to access an informative blog form Public Health England
You can help to slow the spread of Coronavirus!
- Make sure you and your children follow these general principles to prevent spreading any respiratory virus:
- Wash your hands often – with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or an alcohol-based sanitiser if soap and water aren’t available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- If you feel unwell, stay at home and don’t attend work or school.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in a bin.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces in the home.
- If you’re worried about your symptoms, please call NHS 111 – don’t go directly to your GP or other healthcare environment.
Department for Education Coronavirus helpline - this helpline has been set up to answer questions about the virus related to education. Staff, parents and young people can contact the helpline.
- Phone: 0800 046 8687
- Email: DfE.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Opening hours: 8am to 6pm (Monday to Friday)
Talking to your children about the Coronavirus: www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51734855
Resources to support your child with their emotional wellbeing and mental health related to coronavirus
Below is a range of resource packs that has been distributed by Norfolk County Council. You may find these helpful in supporting children and families.
Espresso - High quality resources across EYFS, KS1 and KS2 for all subjects, including games, news bites and informative videos.
Log in at: www.discoveryeducation.co.uk
Purple Mash –
Other free useful learning websites:
Twinkl are offering free access to their website and learning packs